Sinthan Pass is a place still unknown to people. It is situated in the Indian state of Kashmir and we went there in the first week of May of 2016. Unexpectedly, we witnessed heavy snowfall for almost 30 minutes.
The place saw 20 ft of snowfall and we tried our best to reach atop in vain. We were only 2-3 km away but our car couldn’t cross the hurdle. It was minus 5 degrees at 12 PM and and snowed continuously. It was quite a treat to experience something as mind blowing as this!
The video below shows how we reached Sinthan Pass in May. There was a roadblock by Indian Army but we requested access and they agreed. They accompanied us up to 3 Km to show 20 ft deep snow walls followed by a dead end. It was truly a sight of a lifetime!
Tips, Information & How To Reach Sinthan Top, Kashmir
- Height: 12000 ft above sea level
- 130 km from Srinagar & 110 from Pahalgam.
- You can reach Sinthan pass in 3 hours from Pahalgam and can come back on the same day easily.
- Get a SUV and try to start at 8 or 9 am
- Roads are in a good condition
- No Dhaba, Hotels etc for 40 KM
- Take jackets, woolen clothes even if you are visiting in the month of May or June